Friday, July 17, 2009

Free Divorce Form - The Internet is a Great Place to Look

If you are looking for a free divorce form, they are out there on the internet. Search on Google.com for a free divorce form and you will find them. Usually they are broken out by state. The thing is some are free and some will charge you one penny to a few dollars per form.

I was looking at forms for my state Texas, and there were lots of them. It's not as bad as IRS forms, but it's kind of similar. It's kind of like, "how do I know which form I should use?!" I'm all for the do-it-yourself method, but you've got to be careful and protect yourself. Maybe you could buy a book or talk to a paralegal to find out what forms you need. The problem with the internet is that there's so much information it's hard to know what advice to follow. That's why getting your advice from someone you can trust is important.

But if you feel confident that you know what forms to get than go for it.

My other suggestion is to make sure you know what to do with the forms after you get them. You've got to make sure you know who gets the form after you fill it out and that it's filled out properly--I learned this the hard way. Luckily for me, my mistake only dragged the process on another couple of weeks and didn't really screw things up.

If you have questions I would suggest checking with a legal aid organization or meeting with a paralegal. You might have to pay some for the paralegal but they know what they are doing. You don't think a lawyer fills out and submits your paperwork--the paralegal does that, so they know their stuff.

To get more insider secrets all men facing divorce should know and more tips on finding a free divorce form check out http://divorcesecrets.info for more helpful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment