Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Your Questions About Does Marriage Counseling Work Save Marriages

I am just frustrated right now and a little upset.


I am a single mom, I have 2 kids who I have sole custody of because their dad refused joint custody and didn’t want sole custody, he pays me support but he lied on his income so it isn’t much, and I work full time and just basically have a hard time keeping up with homework and everything. It is exhausting.


my issue is that at times I still get upset about the divorce, I was so in love when I got married and it all went down hill from there. Before you judge me I stayed married for 9 years, I tried everything to save my marriage, I went to marriage therapy, individual counseling, vacations together, date nights, talking, therapy..


I sometimes get sad that my dream of a family is not how I pictured it, I really wanted to be married to my kids father and have a family where we went out and did stuff together. I never had that, not even when I was married. Their dad never wanted to go anywhere with the kids and I, not even to see Santa or to see fire works on the fourth of July. I have always done that on my own. and I still do.


I have a boyfriend who I have been with for a year and a half.. He says he wants to move slow and we have, He wants to build a foundation with my kids, and take things slow for everyone. He seems to have their best interest at heart, and has said in the future he doesn’t want to be just my boyfriend who gets pushed to the side and wants to be an important part of their life, but that he also knows he can’t replace their dad.


what does that mean? how do I trust him? I have heard that before and look where I am. I know how to do things on my own, because that is how I have always done them, any time I let someone in, they leave. and this time my kids will get hurt too.


I know what I want, I want the family I never had. I know my boyfriend can never replace their dad, but is it wrong to hope that someday, if things work out with my boyfriend, he will be around, and do stuff with my kids and I? we do stuff here and there with my kids now, I am just still keeping space there for reasons listed above.


ok I have went on and on .. sorry.. I am just so mixed up. this is hard. does it get easier? do I expect too much?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment